Monday, March 24, 2014

Flower Bulbs and Spring

I planted my flower bulbs in the front yard in September of last year. A few weeks ago they started blooming, so far only the daffodils have bloomed, but the tulips are also coming up. We've had some weird weather this year. Two years ago at this time I already had vegetable plants in the ground. We still have some freezing weather this week plus my whole garden is gone now, so this year will be an interesting one for vegetable gardening.

Well back to flower bulbs...This is one of the areas in the front yard where I planted bulbs in September. I was concerned that the squirrels had dug them all up.

I thought that I planted a variety pack of daffodils, but so far only the yellow ones came up.

 They sure are pretty flowers though!

I also planted them on the left side of the house. Turns out this is the area where we are building up the yard, so I had to move these flowers.

Over the weekend with a little help from a friend, I replanted the daffodils and tulips that were in the area that would be affected by the yard rebuild. They looked good for about an half hour then got all droopy, so instead of wasting them I cut the flowers off and put them in water, so we have a nice bouquet of flowers in the kitchen now.

I learned a lot with my first attempt at flower bulb planting. First of all, it is extremely easy to do and second of all, it is not good to move the bulbs once they have bloomed. I look forward to planting even more bulbs in September of this year!



No comments:

Post a Comment